VFD overload and component sizing

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
If a hypothetical VFD has a 200% overload for up to 30s. Does the wiring downstream to the motor need to be over sized to handle the extra current or is it not necessary due to the relatively short heating period?

Secondly, if the VFD goes into overload is that extra current actually drawn upstream of the VFD or is it pulled from the dc bus?

Similar Topics

Does a vfd protect itself from line side overload ? I know it has built-in overload and short circuit protection for load side. I also know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys i have some PF4 VFDs out of service at the same time, maybe it is the problem of incoming 480 VAC, there is a MOL before VFD, I know MOL...
Replies
Views
I have an application that will be running multiple motors on the output of one VFD. Can any recommend an Allen Bradley overload that can...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom