You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:46 AM   #1
Boxy
Australia

PVP7 Copy Files (logs) to USB

Hi Everyone.
I am trying to copy my Data store plus files that are logging to my SD Card (Storage Card2) to my USB that I have plugged in.

I have tried using activeX control - ME Program Launcher to launch Explorer and to manually copy and paste the files that way. The best I have done is show the Start menu.

Is there a way I can either use Program launcher to call a .Bat file that will copy my Logging Folder across to my USB or allow me to call an explorer window so I can manually copy it across?

I'm not very good at DOS commands but I thought it shouldn't be to hard to find the couple of commands needed to copy the folder "\Storage Card2\DATASTOREPLUS\" to "\Storage Card". Would anyone know the commands for this too?

Thanks
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:01 PM   #2
iDoWell4
United States

xcopy [source] [destination] /E

Please see following link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ontent-at-once
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:33 PM   #3
arlenjacobs
Lifetime Supporting Member
Canada

Only a subset of the DOS commands will work on the PanelView Plus.

Open the command prompt on the PanelView Plus, and type /? after any command you want to try.
If it gives you a list of help info, then use that (it might be different than what you find for Windows desktop).

You can also just type help at the command prompt to see a list of command; but I don't think that lists everything.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum