wago 750-862 retentive mem area located

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible to increase the area that retentive %MW registers reside.
Aka, is it possible to address them at %MW4096 and above w/ a software change?

The manual says it has 16kB of retentive data.
It also says on page 90 how you can set it all to flags,
"The breakdown of the NOVRAM can be modified when required in the
programming software WAGO-I/O-PRO/Register "Resources"/Dialog window
"Target system settings"."

You should be able to get to %MW8191

Thanks for your reply.
I read the help.
I even pulled up that section of the manual.
So, it seems like it is possible to use all 16kB of retentive data for located data (aka flags, aka new term for me).
As all my retentive data is located, and that would allow me to use this particular plc possible, it seems like a no brainer.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
And the lady at wago tech support just replies w/ "I feel that you shouldn't change the settings from default"
ug

Under PLC configuration you can find the settings for all the registers and such.
I would change the numbers (save the old settings first someplace, screenshot maybe) and change the HEX numbers such as 4000 to 0000 or a different number, see what happens, it may actually free up the registers/memory set aside as ret to regular use.
You may end up with a brick for all I know but worth a try?

I wish I knew how to make the 16kB memory available.
Based off of responses, it seems possible.
I managed to increase the 16kB retentive memory, but I haven't figure out how to make all 16kB memory addressable.
Does anyone out there know if this is possible?
Or am I heading down a rabbit hole.

Last edited:
This is from an older 750-841.
Stock config.
You could change the memory assignment to extend the range.
Not sure what you may have changed so far.

Wago_Mem.jpg

the retain %MW is what I need to increase. So, I am going to take your advice and set the retain start to 16#20004000 and see if that does it.

did not work

the %MW located data range for the retain area is fixed and can not be changed.
Now for the good news.
The codesys software was limiting the range to 4096.
That was the range for the 750-852.
The 750-862 is 0- %MW12,287.
I just need to upgraded my software to let it recognize this.