VFD Enclosure Sizing (app)

phuz

I wanted to share a simple little application that I've been working on as it's become handy to use this for calculating a minimum enclosure size for drives, instead of doing the individual math every time.
The VFD/Servo Drive list is populated on startup from a csv file which makes it very easy for adding/removing/modifying the database. I still have some more parameters that I want to add, such as temperature deration, vented vs. sealed. If there's interest, I'll make this available for download when those things are added.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Phuz, I would have interest in trying it out whenever you are ready to make it available. Thanks!

What are vertical square inches?

Vertical Sq. In. is basically the surface area of the vertical sides exposed to air. On wall-mounted enclosures, you can use 3 sides for heat dissipation; where as on a free-standing enclosure that has airflow behind it, you can use all 4 sides. Only the vertical surfaces count.