Allen Bradle PVA to PBA convertation

desasha

Hello everyone.

We are using system with old A-B PanelView600. The task is to change this panel in the chipest way.

I decided to install Weintek MT8102iE and use DF1 RS-232 to connect to SLC 5/04.

I asked for help. I have *.PVA files from current HMI, but i don`t have PanelBuilder32 to open it. I founded out how to export *.PBA files later.

Can anyone help me to convert PVA to PBA files, i`ll be very appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum!

I get the following “Terminal Application does not contain upload information” on all three PVA files.

Thanks a lot. I`ve got that message also when was trying to use FactoryTalk migrtation tool.

I never worked with A-B HMI. Can it be the situation, when compiled project was closed from uncompilation !?

I believe that there was/is a way to download to a panelview stripping out the upload info and just downloading the compiled program, this was done to squeeze in more program into the limited amount of RAM available (it used to be very expensive), if this is the case then you are screwed as you need the original project code as it can't de decompiled.

Steve

Steve is exactly correct.

"PVA" is a "PanelView Application" file, with just the runtime application that will execute on a PanelView Standard terminal. Generally this is created and downloaded to the terminal.

"PBA" is a "PanelBuilder32 Application", the project file for the PanelBuilder32 editing software.

Very old PanelView 550 terminals didn't have enough memory to store the upload/decompile information to create a PBA from a PVA. In later terminals, it was an option to remove that data from the project file to make the best use of limited terminal memory, or so that end-users could not re-create the project file and modify it.

When you get the "Terminal Application does not contain upload information" message, that is a conclusive indication that the PVA runtime file cannot be converted to a PBA project file.

This project will have to be re-created for the new platform, using whatever information can be inferred from the SLC program and its interaction with the PanelView.

I remember there being an INI or registry setting that turns off the addition of the offline files in the PVA file so you can make a bigger PVA file. But as mentioned above once that is turned off there is no way to extract the offline files. I tried to open with 7zip but that does not work either. Good luck.

PS. I also tried to import into FTView ME but it cant open the file either.

Last edited: