Help! Beginner PLC question

rhysplc

Hi all,

this is my first thread on here, completely new to plc. Have been given a 1769 L24ER QB1B to play with.

I have a PA2 power supply and a few I/O modules in the rack, (Photo attached)

I have RSlinx and studio 5000, Factory talk me.

The problem I have is when I switch on the 1769-PA2 power supply, I cannot get any LEDs to light on the controller itself, therefore cannot connect it to rslinx and practice downloading some programs to the plc.

I have run 2 cables from the power supply (PWR OUT+24Vdc) to the +24vdc on the controller and likewise with the COM wire but still no power.

Hopefully a schoolboy error someone can point out!

thanks in advance.

thumbnail_IMG_20210727_090046.jpg

Remove the 1769-PA2 and all of the expansion modules.
Install the end cap.
Apply 24VDC to the processor and see if it boots up.
There are limits to the number of I/O modules
From the manual: IMPORTANT Remember the following when using the embedded I/O modules on CompactLogix 5370 L2 controllers:
• 1769-L24ER-QB1B controller - The digital input points and digital output points are on one embedded I/O module.
Therefore, the 1769-L24ER-QB1B controller is considered to have one embedded I/O module.
• 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B and 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B controllers - The digital input points and digital output points are on one
embedded I/O module. The high-speed counter module input/output points, universal analog input points, and analog
output points are on another single embedded I/O module. Therefore, the 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B and 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B
controllers are considered to have two embedded I/O modules.

Yeah, those processors have an embedded power supply and will supply power to the IO modules themselves. You should use a standalone 24DC supply to supply the processor as TWS indicated.