Schneider EcoStruxure Control Expert V15 – search and replace variables.

bogu

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings,
I have a lot of variables that I wish to import into ’EcoS’ ~ 3000 (each analog in contains about 14 additional support variables). I also have a lot of standard FB to populate with these variables. Too much minutia.
Is there a method to copy a bunch of FB containing dummy variables, then do a search / replace approach? Maybe something like: I export the variable list, make the search/replace association then import?

Kind regards,
-mk

CE has build in search / replace.
Key is first to import all variables with correct names to CE.
Then make first FBD with correct variables.
Copy this FBD and paste somewhere on CE.

Then edit -> search / replace.
(uncheck make new variables)

Replace can't done for variables which don't actualle exist on project. (red errors)

What I've done before is create the first four DFBs in the layout I wanted (FBD), exported the section as XEF and opened in a text editor. The format is very simple XML style.

I then wrote an excel macro to recreate the 50 odd DFBs I needed based on cells in the spreadsheet and a FOR loop to go through all the motors and instruments and write the text. Then renamed file as XEF and inported back in.

It took 15 minutes to create the macro but it was more engaging than copy paste!

Unfortunately didn't take it with me when i changed jobs recently.

What I've done before is create the first four DFBs in the layout I wanted (FBD), exported the section as XEF and opened in a text editor. The format is very simple XML style.

I then wrote an excel macro to recreate the 50 odd DFBs I needed based on cells in the spreadsheet and a FOR loop to go through all the motors and instruments and write the text. Then renamed file as XEF and inported back in.

It took 15 minutes to create the macro but it was more engaging than copy paste!

Unfortunately didn't take it with me when i changed jobs recently.

Saffa,
Awesome. Just awesome. This is going to save so much time.
Just did a quick test and it worked brilliantly.
  • Import all my variables first.
  • Import the FB using the above variables.
  • .... and done. %$#@-yeah!
Thanks for sharing.

Saffa,
Awesome. Just awesome. This is going to save so much time.
Just did a quick test and it worked brilliantly.
  • Import all my variables first.
  • Import the FB using the above variables.
  • .... and done. %$#@-yeah!
Thanks for sharing.

Glad you got it working!