FIFO indexing

my interpretation of a magazine ...

Yah, I too am not exactly sure what is meant, but that only makes this a typical thread, eh? At least it doesn't stop me from sharing my ignorance ;).

In the OP it was referred to as a magazine rack, that has slots i.e. "magazine" in the sense of "a periodical publication containing articles and illustrations, typically covering a particular subject or area of interest."

It sounds like we should not use the word "magazine" and instead only refer to a collection of (fixed?) slots.

Anyway, I think this sounds more like a place and pick - if a FIFO needs to be involved, it will be some kind of ancillary task, not the main show.

Last edited:
Agree, like your way of using a FIFO, only criticism is displaying it on screen may cause confusion as it would look like a magazine "Sorry I mean a rack lol"