Mitsubishi Q series...what does this BMOV command do?

It will copies bits from device (or devices), in your case D266 to output device (or devices), in your case K4M229. Last number K7, represents how many consecutive devices will be copied. D266 is 16 bit device, so for that reason there is K4M229 (4 nibbles, one nibble is 4 bits, so 4x4=16 bits).
This exact command will copy, 112 bits from D266 - D332, to memory bits from M229 to M340.

Many thanks for the replies.
My confusion was that in my system in GT designer 3, a lamp goes ON when M260 is TRUE. However there's no explicit reference to M260 in the code (ie when I search for device M260, there is no find). The above replies explain how M260 can be assigned a value & why it.could not be found in the code.

Welcome to the world of indirect addressing, standard functions probably use this mode to access multiple bits/words.
There are user programmable ways of doing it by the use of the index registers "Z", for example:
Move 10 to Z0 // move the offset to the index register
SET M10Z0 // this actually will set M20 to 1 (M10 + offset in Z0 i.e. M20)
Often used in a loop so by incrementing Z0 in a loop you could copy as many bits (or words) from one area to another.
There is also another way, by using the "@" operator, this gets the actual physical address of a memory area, so @D100 will have a physical address of say H23456, by adding say 10 to this will point to D110.

Thanks for reply, @parky. Glad you're still around to help out. I've been on furlough for a bit, now I'm back doing PLC again. No doubt I'll have more questions from time to time.

It will copies bits from device (or devices), in your case D266 to output device (or devices), in your case K4M229. Last number K7, represents how many consecutive devices will be copied. D266 is 16 bit device, so for that reason there is K4M229 (4 nibbles, one nibble is 4 bits, so 4x4=16 bits).
This exact command will copy, 112 bits from D266 - D332, to memory bits from M229 to M340.
Thanks, but I don't understand why it is D266 up to D332.
Should this be D266 to D272 (i.e. 7 consecutive registers) ?

Last edited: