PLC Training SAIT, Canada

Dingolfy

Hi All,
I am planning to attend a PLC course in South Alberta Institute of Technology,Canada. I am an Instrumentation Engineer with one year experience in PC based Automation.My intention is to search for a PLC job after this course.

I would like to know whether anyone has taken this course before or If anyone has to share some views about this institute / course

The entire course is divided into 6 modules and each module will cost me 500$. The duration is 35 hours/module.

Module 1
Introduces the function and operation of the Allen-Bradley enhanced PLC-5/20C processor. Use RS Logix 5 software to program the processor. Topics include PLC hardware, I/O field connections, memory organization, addressing, tags and documentation, entering and editing the basic relay type instructions.

Module 2
Includes operation of timers and counters, data transfer and data comparison functions, math instructions, logic instructions, jump and label, jump-to-subroutine instructions.

Module 3
Includes BTR/BTW instructions, FAL instructions, analog input/output modules, sensors, transmitters and transducers used to control modulating pneumatic valves, and sequencer instructions.

Module 4
Includes remote O/O using the ASB module, scanner/adapter modes of operation, data highway (peer communications) network, PID process control instruction. Use the RSTUNE software to tune a PID process control loop.

Module 5
Includes PANELVIEW local man/machine interface (MMI) system and discusses the PANELVIEW 900 colour system and PANELBUILDER software. Includes: system configuration, creating screens, and alarming.

Module 6
Introduction to the "RSVIEW" man/machine interface (MMI) system. Includes: system configuration, mouse graphix, animated process screens, trending, alarming, and alarm summaries

Thank you for your time and attention,

Regards,
Dingolfy

I would like to know whether anyone has taken this course before or If anyone has to share some views about this institute / course
As a graduate of BCIT, I and fellow grads and many employers tend to regard the output from SAIT (and NAIT) as fairly limited in ability. That includes employers in Alberta.

As for the course, 4 weeks is a bit excessive to cover just the basics of the PLC5, which, by the way, is nearly obsolete. A-B used to run the course in 1 week.

A week on PanelViews and PanelBuilder is reasonable, but note that the PV900 IS obsolete.

RSView probably deserves equal time with the PLC5, so given the slow pace of the PLC5 modules, it's hard to say how much you might gain from module 6.