TIA Portal Question

Hi Guys,

Its been a long time since I've been playing with Siemens. (S7 V5.5 & Wincc Scada V7.0)

I have a project where the customer wants TIA Portal Step 7 V14 with WinCC Flex.

They want the HMI Panel based and not PC based. My question is whats the version to select? WinCC Advanced or Comfort? I need to get my old WinCC 7.0 project into a panel system which I guess means starting from scratch?

WinCC Comfort is for HMI Panels, and WinCC Advanced is for PC-based HMI. As a side note, WinCC Professional is the PC-Based HMI/SCADA equivalent of WinCC V7.x.

If you get WinCC Professional, you can develop for Professional, Advanced and Comfort applications. If you get WinCC Advanced, you can program for Advanced and Comfort applications. If you get Comfort, you can only program for Comfort applications.

It is possible to convert WinCC V7.0 applications, but you need to do a two-step upgrade: WinCC 7.0 -> WinCC 7.2 (or higher) -> WinCC Professional V14.