Tia portal question sending data between 2 plcs

stu

Hi all
I have a project on the go and would like to send data from a Siemens 1500 to a Siemens 1200
What is the best function to use ,would it be a put instruction I need to use on the 1500 and a get instruction on the 1200?

Or should I use a TSEND_C from the 1500 and a TRCV_C on the 1200?
Thanks stu

Put and get inscructions are configured only master PLC.
On TIA you need to allow them for another PLC.

TSEND_C and TRCV_C needs coding on both PLCs.

The plan would be having a master plc the sends data to 4 plc but I'm just looking a sending data from the master to plc1?
So I'm thinking I will need to do TSEND _C TRCV_C Is that all I need

I recommend to go for BSEND/BRECV.
These blocks works with all S7 PLCs both S7-300/400/1200/1500 and by the most methods. You also have control on the both sides where the data is fetched and store respectively.
They are easy to setup.

PUT/GET is quite simple, but there are these things to be aware of:
You need to enable PUT/GET access on the remote CPU, something that security aware customers may not accept.
By mistake or by malicious intent, a PUT can write harmful data into ANY memory location on the remote CPU.

T_SEND/T_RECV are more open ended, and allows you to sepcify the connection parameters in code, so they can be changed at runtime. That means they are also a bit more tricky to setup.

Profinet I-Device is suitable for small data volumes that must be transferred cyclically and deterministic. Quite easy to setup. But you cannot make changes at runtime. Any modification to the data transfer requires CPU stop on both sides.

I think PUT/GET works best if it is one project and your network..

I recommend to go for BSEND/BRECV.
These blocks works with all S7 PLCs both S7-300/400/1200/1500 and by the most methods.

I don't think s7-1200 supports BSEND..

Depending on your network configuration I'd go with UDP multicasts for that. I can't remember the instruction that did the comms but it was something like BSEND or similar. A search for UDP should pop up a result with a sort of scheduler example too.