OT: Fluke 771 Milliamp Process Clamp Meter-Alternatives.

Long story short, some of our electricians struggle when asked to measure loops.
Include a DIN rail mounted fuse holder in the analog circuit. When you need to measure loop current, put the meter on the fuse terminals and then pull open the fuseholder. Now the meter is in the circuit and you haven't disrupted the process. Just make sure the meter is firmly attached and to close the fuseholder once you've recorded the measurement.

Someone on here once said "Nobody ever got fired for buying a Fluke."

I once lost my Fluke loop calibrator (not the clamp on type) and tried to save the boss some money by trying out an Extech that claimed all the same features. That was a mistake. Maybe I got a lemon, but I eventually bought another Fluke.

Include a DIN rail mounted fuse holder in the analog circuit. When you need to measure loop current, put the meter on the fuse terminals and then pull open the fuseholder. Now the meter is in the circuit and you haven't disrupted the process. Just make sure the meter is firmly attached and to close the fuseholder once you've recorded the measurement.

Any reasons why fuse terminal should used instead of knife disconnect terminal blocks which are designed for this?

Well.....looks like Fluke it the only way to go.
We are going to buy two, one for night shift, one for day shift, see how long they stay on site.

That is the main reason my daily DMM is a Brymen. Strangely enough just being a different color makes it way less likely to vanish into the void.

Feels like quality is on par with Fluke, cat IV rated and just bloody nice to work with. Eevblog took several of these meters apart, destructively tested and approved.

Unfortunately I cannot find a DC mA clamp meter from Brymen.

One other thought I had was that Phoenix Contact does make feed through terminal blocks with built in disconnects and the ability to put in test points for meter probes on both sides of the switch.

If you had one if those in the loop, you could put the meter in mA mode, put the leads in the test points and then open the switch to measure the loop current...

I actually saw terminal blocks with this feature for the first time late last year, I thought they were pretty neat. Worked great when I watched the techs use them.