FactoryTalk View Studio 12.00 freezes on 3 dot selector button

Hello,

I have an issue with the latest version of FTView Studio 12.00 where when I select the 3 dot button as is displayed in the photo, the entire application freezes. If I click in the text box and manually enter in the parameters everything is fine. Upon freeze, my only remedy is to shutdown FTView Studio by way of ending the task in Task manager. I have completely uninstalled the software and reinstalled a fresh copy with the latest patch files installed also. Please help.

Macro.PNG

I have heard of people having issues with the tag browser opening off-screen due to remembering a position on a different (not currently connected) monitor, might be related.

@plvlce

I called Rockwell support and it ends up this was exactly the problem. I was instructed to press both the Alt key and the space bar at the same time and then release. This brought up a dialog box where I could choose the option of Move. That brought up a 4 way directional icon that when pressing the left arrow key brought the tag browser window back into view again.

Thanks for the replies.

@plvlce

I called Rockwell support and it ends up this was exactly the problem. I was instructed to press both the Alt key and the space bar at the same time and then release. This brought up a dialog box where I could choose the option of Move. That brought up a 4 way directional icon that when pressing the left arrow key brought the tag browser window back into view again.

Thanks for the replies.
Thanksss!!!!!

@plvlce

Thanks for the replies.

It worked for me. Thanks!

@plvlce

Thanks for the replies.
wow Sept 2004 and still a good fix in 2024!!! thanks!!.. Factorytalk view V13