Display List on PanelView Plus HMI

jsb0172

Hi,
i am new to this forum and almost new to automation world.
I want to display a list on HMI which should be updated as it gets data from PLC.
If there is not data, that list should be empty.
If there are 3 bits ON, 3 lines of text should be displayed. Its not exactly 3 lines of text i need, but a lot more.
This is very similar to alarms, but not an alarm. I want to be able to scroll through the list, clear the list.
Its information for the user to see what happened, like a log screen. I could create a .csv log file, but, that is not the requirement.

Thanks.

You can use a control list selector to get a scrollable list, but you are likely better off controlling the list contents within the PLC

switching platform is not an option. System is already in the field and customer wants this as added feature.

The biggest reason I prefer writing my own HMI programs in Visual Studio either as a WPF or WinForms application. Because that time will come, when you or the customer will want some feature on the User Interface/HMI that is not possible, or 'clunky' at best, to do in 'canned' HMI software, such as in FTV, etc. In lieu of completely writing your own, you can also use AdvancedHMI. Even with that, you still have the power of Visual Studio to further do whatever you want/need.

The biggest reason I prefer writing my own HMI programs in Visual Studio either as a WPF or WinForms application. Because that time will come, when you or the customer will want some feature on the User Interface/HMI that is not possible, or 'clunky' at best, to do in 'canned' HMI software, such as in FTV, etc. In lieu of completely writing your own, you can also use AdvancedHMI. Even with that, you still have the power of Visual Studio to further do whatever you want/need.
I completely agree with you. But, some customers only want AB standard product available off the shelf.

Can you just use an alarm list and just filter to this ‘event word’.

You can link alarm messages to plc strings if need be.

Clear the list is just an acknowledge all for alarms.

What do you do when the customer is not only happy to avoid AB HMI technologies, but also wants to avoid Windows on their plant floor?

{ Something I encourage... }

What do you do when the customer is not only happy to avoid AB HMI technologies, but also wants to avoid Windows on their plant floor?

{ Something I encourage... }

Well, then I tell them...

"Sorry, can't be done the way you would like with those restrictions being placed. If "X-feature" is what you want, then we can do it with a custom Windows application, or you have to go with a different canned HMI software platform that allows adding the feature/s you're requesting. Cheers."

Can you just use an alarm list and just filter to this ‘event word’.

If this is possible, understand messages linked to PLC string don't update while high. When the alarm is triggered it will show the current value, but will not update the string value until the next trigger. This is not uncommon with most SCADA platforms, so I can't fault FTME on this one.

Use a separate Alarm list and the Alarm Filter option. This will allow you show log items on a separate alarm list screen, clear log items using the filter option for those triggers and have the timestamp. You also need to uncheck the display box in the alarm message file. That way the log items will not display on the [Alarm] pop up. (if your using that feature).