Display List on PanelView Plus HMI

How about grabbing a timestamp from the system clock when your bit goes high and concatenating with your text?
i am able to display HMI time on the screen, but I am not able to copy that to any variable in PLC. I tried writing an expression
{[PLC]test} = system\Second

This does not do anything, no error, no value transfer.

Use a separate Alarm list and the Alarm Filter option. This will allow you show log items on a separate alarm list screen, clear log items using the filter option for those triggers and have the timestamp. You also need to uncheck the display box in the alarm message file. That way the log items will not display on the [Alarm] pop up. (if your using that feature).
I don't see any option to filter Alarms. I am using FactoryTalk View Studio - Machine Edition - 11
May be it's available in newer version.

right click on the alarm list in your display. select properties. Then the Alarm tab. At the bottom of the page you will see the filter option. click the radio button to open the filter. It will show all the triggers that have been created in the Alarm Setup folder. Select the triggers to display on that current list. If all are clear then all will show. If any are checked then only checked items will show.

right click on the alarm list in your display. select properties. Then the Alarm tab. At the bottom of the page you will see the filter option. click the radio button to open the filter. It will show all the triggers that have been created in the Alarm Setup folder. Select the triggers to display on that current list. If all are clear then all will show. If any are checked then only checked items will show.
Didn't know about this.
Thanks. I will try this.

If this is possible, understand messages linked to PLC string don't update while high. When the alarm is triggered it will show the current value, but will not update the string value until the next trigger. This is not uncommon with most SCADA platforms, so I can't fault FTME on this one.

We know that, but we aren’t the ones trying to re-invent the wheel here.

i am able to display HMI time on the screen, but I am not able to copy that to any variable in PLC. I tried writing an expression
{[PLC]test} = system\Second

This does not do anything, no error, no value transfer.

ME doesn’t do derived tags, but you can sync the plc time with the HMI in global connections. Then set the plc from the HMI using a placeholder dint array in the plc and use a ssv.

Although it wouldn't be the best way to do it, this would be possible to do with topic sharing in Excel, a PC running RSLinx Classic or Gateway, the PLC, and FT.

I would just avoid doing it all together. What they want isn't what they need. They want AB, they need Ignition.