"step 7 - wincc" can't see cause of failure

Hello there,
I need to find a fault in a system where the s7-300 and siemens hmi panel are interconnected.
Alarm number 327 is triggered via Wincc Flexible, address: "DB11.DBX41.6" appears in the "Trigger Tag" section.
error 327.PNG
When I enter "DB11", I see the screen shown in the picture named "DB11.png" and "DB11(2).png" below. (Data View / Declaration View)
DB11.PNG
db11(2).PNG
When I type an address with the Go To option, an empty field appears.
DB11.DBX41.6.PNG
After that, I don't know what to do. I will be glad if you help me. Thanks in advance.

They might be indirectly addressing the bits then. In which case, the go to location function will not find them.

Is there a specific FC or FB for alarm handling? I would start by looking there.

Example of indirect addressing:

Screenshot 2021-09-18 144849.png

Last edited:
They might be indirectly addressing the bits then. In which case, the go to location function will not find them.

Is there a specific FC or FB for alarm handling? I would start by looking there.

Example of indirect addressing:

Hello again. As you said Go to location didn't work. I found the address "M 940.6" by searching "alarm 327" from the symbols.
When I checked, it seems that the address "DB3.DBX74.3" should output. This fault seems to be related to the motor driver. "Siemens Simoreg DC Master" is a profibus etc. between driver and plc. no communication. In DataBlock, something like the following appears.
What should I do next?
Thank you for your answers.

M940.6.PNG
DB3.DBX74.3.PNG

By the looks of that ladder, DB3.DBX74.3 is an alarm from a drive, I assume that these drives are on a network connected to the PLC, the two contacts before it are so the alarm only occurs when in auto mode & data stream is normal, I suspect that the latter contact is something to do with the communications the bit is being set by what looks like a temperature alarm from that drive, somewhere I would assume there is a reset of that bit but it could be done by indirect addressing or as a word. if you go on-line on that rung, if the logic is true i.e. all three contacts are "ON" or at least the DBX74.3 is on then the alarm on the drive is still active, if not then there must be a way of resetting the alarms either by a button or a start system.
I suppose it is always possible the original programmer could of missed a reset of some alarms I have seen that before but you need to see if that alarm is still active by monitoring that rung, if so then check the drive it sounds like an over heat alarm.

By the looks of that ladder, DB3.DBX74.3 is an alarm from a drive, I assume that these drives are on a network connected to the PLC, the two contacts before it are so the alarm only occurs when in auto mode & data stream is normal, I suspect that the latter contact is something to do with the communications the bit is being set by what looks like a temperature alarm from that drive, somewhere I would assume there is a reset of that bit but it could be done by indirect addressing or as a word. if you go on-line on that rung, if the logic is true i.e. all three contacts are "ON" or at least the DBX74.3 is on then the alarm on the drive is still active, if not then there must be a way of resetting the alarms either by a button or a start system.
I suppose it is always possible the original programmer could of missed a reset of some alarms I have seen that before but you need to see if that alarm is still active by monitoring that rung, if so then check the drive it sounds like an over heat alarm.

There is no communication with the PLC over the network.

hardware configuration.PNG

There are 7 different outputs named "simoreg temp". I guess "temp" doesn't mean "temperature".
But STAT221.STAT2xx seems to mean something.
I did not fully understand.
Please review the "fc1.pdf" file I shared below.
anyway thank you for your support.
View attachment FC1.pdf

You need to find out how DB3 gets written to...
as least bytes 73,74,75,76

Like you said, I dont see any communication being used.
I only see two binary outputs from the drive programmed

6ra70.jpg

hello, thank you for your support. Coming this far is an achievement for me. Can you explain how you reached this conclusion? Shall I share DB3 with you?

You need to find out how DB3 gets written to...
as least bytes 73,74,75,76

Like you said, I dont see any communication being used.
I only see two binary outputs from the drive programmed