Firmware Upgrade on PVP

JLand

Hi all,

I have a PanelView Plus 7 standard, flashing from v11 to v12. I used the ME Firmware Upgrade Wizard from Rockwell (not realizing that using a removable drive is infinitely faster) and got to 96% complete, according to the transfer utility. At this point, the PVP displayed a popup saying:

"Application RsvcHost.exe encountered a serious error and must be shut down."

I hit OK but the PVP did not cycle power. The popup didn't disappear, but the progress bar - now blank - renders on top of the popup (a graphical glitch).

My ME Firmware Upgrade Wizard is stuck at 96%.

Does anyone have experience with this? How do I avoid bricking my PVP7?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi I was wondering I need to update the firmware of a 755 inverter does the drive hold the program on the drive and just updates the firmware or...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a 1764 1500 LSP Series A that keeps failing with DTL_E_FAIL I/O error. Searching around it seems there's a weird issue specifically...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts, I would like to make firmware upgrade from v3.0 to v4.5 (S7-1200 CPU 1215C). Can I do it from v3.0 to v4.5? Do I need to take some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to upgrade the firmware of some Kinetix 5500 drives. They are currently Version 2.008, and I wanted to go up to Version 7.014...
Replies
Views
Does anybody know of a way I can upgrade a CompactLogix Module Firmware? We bought some "new" ones from EBay, but the firmware is 1.1
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom