Windows 7 vm using rslogix 5000 ver 27 issues opening and editing project files

LoganQSI

Im running windows 7 on vm and studio 5000 is version 27. I opened a clients file this morning to add expansion i/o and drives and as i was adding the drives the software got slower and slower. so i saved and closed and tried to reopen and now sometimes it opens but its slow and other times it wont even open and the cpu usage on task manager is like 100% everytime i try open that file. But i can however open another file from scratch alot faster. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Windows 7 is 13 years old and has been obsolete (No updates) since 2020. If you keep updating Studio 5000, you will eventually need to update your PC or operating system. I just scrapped a 6 year old Windows 7 Maintenance PC for a new one, Logix files open 10 times faster.

Windows 7 is 13 years old and has been obsolete (No updates) since 2020. If you keep updating Studio 5000, you will eventually need to update your PC or operating system. I just scrapped a 6 year old Windows 7 Maintenance PC for a new one, Logix files open 10 times faster.

While I get what you are saying, I have v13 to v33 running in a W7 32 bit VM and it performs fine. I've been helping someone with v32 running terribly on W10. I'm not saying W7 > W10, only that something else is causing the performance issues.