opc: top server v4.5 and s7-1200

apetkov5

Hi all,

Low budget end user have installed old opc server "top server v4.5". It runs as opc server for some s7-300 and win xp scada and works perfectly for years.

Now there is nead to connect s7-1200 plc to that old system...

I have tried to connect s7-1200 via s7-300 driver but with no success. As I see in communication parameters i can not click rack/slot to 0/1, only to 0/2 so i suppose that problem is in that number 2 ?

Is there any way to "override" that problem?

There is no possibility to change whole system (old scada to new computer) in this moment (it is planed to do it later)...

Best regards

You have non optimized blocks on 1200?

I think also that rack/ slot should be 0,1 for 1200.
You maybe need different OPC server from 3rd party if you can't change slot number on v4.5.

You could also program PUT/GET blocks to 300, then communicate new 1200 PLC to 300 PLC and from there to Scada.
(I know, lot more of work)

Or if your Scada is capable for Modbus TCP, then you can program your 1200PLC for that protocol.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have tried to connect s7-1200 via s7-300 driver but with no success. As I see in communication parameters i can not click rack/slot to 0/1, only to 0/2 so i suppose that problem is in that number 2 ?

A few notes from our user manual for S7-1200.

Note: This applies to the 1200 PLC. The PLC project must have the “Connection mechanisms: Permit access with PUT/GET communication from remoted partner (PLC, HMI, OPC ...)” enabled. The setting is configured via the “General/Protection” group. You might have to scroll the pane up to see the setting.

Slot number
The slot number of the CPU. (Slot 1 for S7-1200).

You have non optimized blocks on 1200?

yes i have

I think also that rack/ slot should be 0,1 for 1200.
You maybe need different OPC server from 3rd party if you can't change slot number on v4.5.

well computer where opc is running is under win xp, so i can't install newer opc servers... to be done it must be whole system (hardware/software/os/runtime/...) upgraded, but it cost money...

You could also program PUT/GET blocks to 300, then communicate new 1200 PLC to 300 PLC and from there to Scada.
(I know, lot more of work)

Or if your Scada is capable for Modbus TCP, then you can program your 1200PLC for that protocol.

that is option nr2 ;)

Hello,

A few notes from our user manual for S7-1200.

Note: This applies to the 1200 PLC. The PLC project must have the “Connection mechanisms: Permit access with PUT/GET communication from remoted partner (PLC, HMI, OPC ...)” enabled. The setting is configured via the “General/Protection” group. You might have to scroll the pane up to see the setting.

Slot number
The slot number of the CPU. (Slot 1 for S7-1200).

i know, but in installed opc server version (top server v4.5) it can be set only 2-31 :(