PLC Modicon - Siemens Panel problem

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a program on WinCC Flex for a MultiPanel 277 (by Siemens) to communicate with a Modicon PLC CPU434, everything has been going well till know.

I need to access the Coil Allocation memory on the panel, but WinCC only let me access the Register Allocation of the PLC. This is, on the Tag of the WinCC (previously choosen the Modicon PLC) I can only choose between the "holding register (4x00000)" and the "input register (3x00000)".

Can anyone tell me how to acces the coil allocation (usualy 3 to 4 digits)

Thanks in advance.

Juan

Hmm, and the coil registers are the 00000 and the digital inputs are the 10000's registers. Does the Modicon also map those to the 40000 registers somewhere?

Joe_WaZoo

Joe_WaZoo said:
Hmm, and the coil registers are the 00000 and the digital inputs are the 10000's registers. Does the Modicon also map those to the 40000 registers somewhere?

No, the user would need to do this mapping. For example Modbus Plus communications only uses 4x registers, so this remapping is a fairly common task.

Modicon registers can normally be 5 or 6 digits in length with the leading digit defining the type (0=digital output, 1=digital input, 3= word input, and 4=word output.
Because many read/write commands may only work with specific registers, it is not uncommon to omit the leading digit.

so..., how do I do to acces the Coil Allocation?, the memory I need to acces are 983, 982 and a couple of 2049, 2061, etc...

WinCC only alows me to acces the 40545, 40100, etc...

juanmdx said:
so..., how do I do to acces the Coil Allocation?, the memory I need to acces are 983, 982 and a couple of 2049, 2061, etc...

WinCC only alows me to acces the 40545, 40100, etc...

If you need the status 0x coils you need to have your PLC program map the coils into bits of one or more 4x registers. The exact method can vary depending on if you are using an IEC language instead of 984LL. For example there is an IEC function block BIT_TO_WORD that can map 16 different "input pins" to a single word. But the BLKM command in 984LL can only map consecutive 0x coils into 4x words.

I think I'll put the data I need into a 40000 register and then take each bit by masking the register...