RSLogix 5000 Can you search for ONLINE EDITS...

ViperDaSnake

I've been spoiled. The software I normally use (until recently) allowed me to find any online edits by clicking a button on the toolbar. The software I am referring to is CXProgrammer for Omron PLC's.

Does RXLogix have a feature such as this?

Other questions I can't seem to find:

• a quick way to close just one routine that I have open ( I know I can right click on the tab and close, but I am a keyboard junkie. Ctrl+F4 would have been great for this...)

• a shortcut to force on, off, remove force.

Thanks for your help...

it's also a good idea to go through the RSLogix5000 main menu to Search/Find and make sure that it's set correctly ...

specifically, you want "Limit To" set for Edit Zones ... "Find Where" set for All Routines ... and "Wrap" checked on ...

and as mentioned in the thread that Alaric linked, be SURE to open the "Find Within" window and set "Rung Types" to ON ...

secret handshake: whatEVER you search for using the software's various "Find All" buttons is invariably influenced by the settings located under Search/Find ... if those aren't set correctly, then you can't count on a valid search ...

tip: once the search is complete, you can just close the Results window - and then hit the F4 key repeatedly to step through anything that was found ...

Awesome...!!! Thanks guys...!!!

Funny how, now that I know the answer, I go back and search the board again to see why I couldn't find that answer before....
I find it every time now...???:confused::confused::confused:

Nice tip. I can always count on Ron to teach me something new.
I love it when I get more than I ask for... :site:

tip: once the search is complete, you can just close the Results window - and then hit the F4 key repeatedly to step through anything that was found ...
Ron, as I'm sure you know, RSLogix 5 does the same thing with the F3 key. Also in Logix5, the direction can be reversed by using <shift> F3. Does this shift key thing work similarly in Logix5K?

now that I know the answer, I go back and search the board again to see why I couldn't find that answer before.... I find it every time now...???

life is like that ... once you've discovered the Answer, you wonder how you could have been so blind before ...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Doug-P ...

Ron, as I'm sure you know, RSLogix 5 does the same thing with the F3 key. Also in Logix5, the direction can be reversed by using <shift> F3.

to be perfectly honest, I did NOT know about the F3 trick in RSLogix5 – but I'll definitely remember it and make use of it in the future ... thank you ...

personally I've always just used the little "Output" box that pops up after a Find All search in RSLogix5 or RSLogix500 – and used the Up and Down arrow keys to through the list ... the BIG difference between the popup box in RSLogix5000 and the one in 5/500 software is that I haven't found an easy way to "arrow" up and down through the list with the "new and improved" version ... or how to move it out of the way on my screen ...

anyway ... here's an old thread that mentions how I've been using the Find All feature in RSLogix5 and 500 ...

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=6155&view=findpost&p=24517

thanks again for the tip ... you gotta love this forum ... and as always, thanks to Phil for making it available ...

(and thank you, Alaric, for the kind compliment) ...

final point to ponder: why on earth would they switch from using the F3 key – to using the F4 key to perform the exact same function? ...