S:5/0 Status Bit

rmonroe

R
At the end of the program, just before the END rung…what purpose would there be by putting a unlatch Status bit Overflow Trap S:5/0. I saw this on a program that I was troubleshooting the other day. I know that it has something to do with 32 bit math instructions.

Thanks

rmonroe

Error trap!

Keeps the processor from haulting on a major error. However, you have to do more than just trap that error, you have to deal with the overflow and what caused it. Your program needs to have the features necessary to make the problem go away or prevent it, not just reset it.

Similar Topics

I am new to Mitsubishi GX2 and GX3 software here at work. It is common practice to use an "M" memory bit as a temporary bypass. This is done by...
Replies
Views
I am modifying an existing Omron CJ-2H CPU66EIP using CX-Programmer version 9.63. I simply need a rung of logic that can determine if a bit is...
Replies
Views
Is there a Bit or Word that I can read remotely, from an HMI in this case, to know if the PLC is run mode, or not? Right now I just have a tag...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across a Gemstart 4 CCU where the CCU available bit, bit 15 of the status word does not function although there are no trips, no...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, The 1769-IF8 has a ChannelStatus Bit, do you use it? From my reading of the manual, this bit is set when the channel has one of many...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom