Quantum to Siemens comms over profibus

bmullin5580

I have a piece of equipment with control split between two PLCs. A quantum 434, and a Siemens S7-300, communicating via profibus. I have a prosoft protalk Q in the quantum rack, handling the profibus comms for the Quantum.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I am trying to read the current configuration, and figure out how address 400001 is directed to DB41 Word 6. So I can add registers in the Quantum, a new DB in the Siemens and direct the data back and forth.

The 400001 address is the analog output register for the quantum. 300001 analog in.

400001 is writing to a dbw in the Siemens plc, doing so over profibus.

The configuration for what modicon output writes to what Siemens input is in the prosoft protalk q card.

Normally, id just connect to it, and just figure it out through trial and error, but this piece of equipment runs 24/7 and i won't get any scheduled time with it until December.

Im hoping someone has encountered one of these cards before, and can give me some direction.

The last time I used a prosoft device, they had stand alone software to configure the device. (Mine was installed in a control logix rack).

Just connect an upload the config. The software was free to download from the prosoft website.

Were you able to upload while it was running? I haven't found anything in the documentation if uploading will interrupt the communication or not.

Were you able to upload while it was running? I haven't found anything in the documentation if uploading will interrupt the communication or not.

You can upload when running without stopping the communication.

However, unless you have the original config file, the upload will be uncommented. Not impossible to work with, an if it's a simple system not too big a deal.

You can not download a configuration whilst running. The download stops communication.

The last time I used a prosoft device, they had stand alone software to configure the device. (Mine was installed in a control logix rack).

Just connect an upload the config. The software was free to download from the prosoft website.

I'm having problems communicating a Siemens PLC S7-300 CPU 314C-2DP (SLAVE)and a Schneider PLC Quantum 140CPU53414B, using a Prosoft Profibus DP card PTQ-PDPMV1 ... The communication is on Profibus DP.
What should I Do??

I have two Prosoft gateways between S7-400 and Schneider Quantum PLC.
I have finally succeeded in communicating between them.
4x in Quantum and Prosoft is called as Holding register. It seems Analogue as word.

It is important that 4x register in Quantum and internal address in Prosoft should match each other. 40101 in Quantum is 100 at internal address of prosoft gateway. 40101-40001 becomes 100. Prosoft gateway can easily recognize S7 PLC by putting the target address of S7 PLC.

I have two Prosoft gateways between S7-400 and Schneider Quantum PLC.
I have finally succeeded in communicating between them.
4x in Quantum and Prosoft is called as Holding register. It seems Analogue as word.

It is important that 4x register in Quantum and internal address in Prosoft should match each other. 40101 in Quantum is 100 at internal address of prosoft gateway. 40101-40001 becomes 100. Prosoft gateway can easily recognize S7 PLC by putting the target address of S7 PLC.

Our goal is to support our customers from pre-sales through the entire life-cycle of Quantum PLC with.

My interpretation of the Quatum documentation is that the 4003001 is a reference to the Inputs/Outputs used between the two plcs - the data being written to/from these areas will depend on the program in the plcs.

Doc reference:

https://download.schneider-electric...471_K01_000_02.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=3300313471K01000

Caveat - I have never used a Quantum plc
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request

Also, remember if reading data from a siemens PLC. They byte swap.
This shouldn't be necessary if they are Profibus certified.
The specification states that Profibus data should be sent over the bus using big endian. If the receiving device is a little endian device then it should automatically swap the data correctly for the user.

This is one of the things I hated about early Profibus implementations in the North America. Many claimed to be profibus compatible without ever going to the PTO lab and being verified.

Make sure your devices have a Profibus certification.

The Siemens Smart MCC with integrated PROFIBUS is capable of being controlled by every major supplier of PLC today. Of course, the most powerful option is to