powerflex525 fashing fail

csab

Hi everyone,
I have a problem here, I tried to downgrade the firmware of the powerflex 525 from 7.001 to 2.003 via USB /flash, while doing it, the computer powered off. When it turned on I tried to restart the process via USB but the drive now is called MY_ROOT(E:), and its empty! it just have a NOFILE.PDF.
I have another drive with the 2.003 revision. Can I copy and paste the files from that USB, or that would it make it worse?
Do you have any ideas? We had to do it that way, since our controllogix5000 has an older revision saved and the network is local.

In the past when this usually happens the drive or device from rockwell would be made into a brick. But recently in last 10 years they made it so it would recover in these power interruptions.
Both version 2 and 7 are series A so should work to downgrade the firmware
reset the drive to factory default
Reflash the drive
Have you tried flashing it using a usb cable from laptop to drive on faceplate? (you have to take off the faceplate and plug into the faceplate usb connection.)
Have you tried using CCW?

I tried to flash the drive via USB using a laptop and that is how the files were deleted(the laptop went off).
The computer that is connected to the industrial network doesn´t have ccw, and we can not install new programs to it due to automation security protocols.
I will connect the drive to power and reset to default(if it lets me), honestly I was posponing it. I don´t know how the failed flashing will impact on the device configuration.
I will do it first thing on Monday.