PowerFlew Drive, Remote Control

Caleb_newprog

Hey guys,

Wanted to make a thread so you guys can teach me things! 🔨 Anyways, I have a powerflex 525 that has a control module outside of the panel. The only thing that works on this remote is the stop button for the drive. And I cannot press the start button on the remote to start it up again I have to open the cabinet and press it on the drive itself. How can I fix this? I have attached pictures for reference. Also, I cant even change the Hz on this remote too!

IMG_1974.jpg IMG_1975.jpg IMG_1976.jpg

Last edited:
Check the value of P046 - Start Source. I think it needs to be set to 3 for "DSI" when using a remote HIM. I usually use E/IP or digital I/O as the start source, so I could be wrong. Reference the user manual for the drive for the related parameters for start source and speed references.

I'm not certain on this, but I think you need a parameter to enable the remote module. I think a stop will always work for safety reasons.

Hey guys!! Thanks for the answers and yes you guys were correct! I change the source to DSI and that was the fix, but one more question. Can I now change the Hz on this remote or do I still need to do that on the drive parameters itself?