EsLogix 5000 error - control logix 5550 lader

ntldr123

Hello,

I was trying to create new module in I/O Configuration and I get the "Fatal Application Error"

Below is my plc setup if I need to try to connect and do auto configure

1756-PA72 psu
1756-L1/A cpu ser: A F/W: 7 REV:11
1756-IF16A
1756-IF16A
Blank
1756-IA16/A
Blank
blank
1756-CNB/E
Blank
1756-OW16I
1756-A10 backplain

This is while not connected to the plc. Any idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm used to rslogix 500.

See below the steps that I followed

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Test file

http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index...ame=Default_Test.rar&directory=Allen_Bradley&

Thank you for your time

David

1.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG

In my experience working with ControlLogix PLCs, Fatal Errors are kind of normal, sadly. They won't necessarily happen every day but they will happen, and seemingly at random.

I am not sure what has caused your Fatal Error but just try again and if it keeps happening, try rebooting. If it still keeps happening I would start again - do a new upload from the PLC if you have it or otherwise create a new file and try again.

Then if it still keeps happening, contact Rockwell Tech Support. There may be something with these older versions and PLCs that you are using.

You're using a VERY old version of RSLogix (v11). It was outdated when I first started using Logix 5000 in 2009...

That being said, I have worked with that version in the past but it was on Windows XP. The fatal error message mentions "Unrecognized OS", which could be the problem. What OS are you using?

I opened up my old XP virtual machine and was able to open your test file and add an -IF16 module to it with no issues.

What exactly are you trying to ultimately accomplish? Your file mentions a 1756-L55, which supports up to v16. Is this a test rig you want to use to learn how to use?

If you have not already done this, run Logix5000 as an administrator and disable UAC in Windows. Doing both of those things have significantly reduced my instances of errors.

You're using a VERY old version of RSLogix (v11). It was outdated when I first started using Logix 5000 in 2009...

That being said, I have worked with that version in the past but it was on Windows XP. The fatal error message mentions "Unrecognized OS", which could be the problem. What OS are you using?

I opened up my old XP virtual machine and was able to open your test file and add an -IF16 module to it with no issues.

What exactly are you trying to ultimately accomplish? Your file mentions a 1756-L55, which supports up to v16. Is this a test rig you want to use to learn how to use?

I have Windows 10 x64

If you have not already done this, run Logix5000 as an administrator and disable UAC in Windows. Doing both of those things have significantly reduced my instances of errors.

I executed Logix5000 as an administrator and disable UAC in Windows. I also change the comparability ....with no luck