GX Works3 Simple PLC communication Communication Error Indicator

xcyong89

Hi,

I have setup the Simple PLC communication in RJ71C24 (Channel 2) for communication between Mitsubishi IQ-R series PLC (Mosbus RTU Master) and multi drop Modbus RS485 Slave devices. The Simple PLC Communication Setting shows below:

1.png

Just wonder is there any communication error flag to indicate communication fail for each communication request in Simple PLC communication ?

there are some I/O on the card that will indicate transmission errors these can be read in the PLC as normal I/O from recollection I believe X4 & XB are for channels 1 & 2 respectively, it depends on what slot the card is i.e. if the address of the card is 4 then these would be X44 & X4B, there are buffer memories about 32k of them these can be read using from/to instructions or UG/ function, you will need the manual (not for the faint hearted) it is called
Q Corresponding Serial Communication Module
User's Manual these are for all versions of the RJ71-C24 it probably differs from the QJ71 series I have not used the "R" ones.
Here is the link to the EU version of the manual
https://eu-assets.contentstack.com/...725f45e290906d829a1165/SH(NA)-081251ENG-E.pdf
I suggest to start to look at page 500 onwards as there are a lot of buffer memories (BFM)

I suggest you add the module label info for the C24 then you can monitor or map all the diagnostic info directly, as labels, including for each individual simple PLC comms line from 1 to 512. It includes status and error codes

Trol ALERT!!!

This has led to a global exchange of (2048 cupcakes, without link) inspiration and ideas, allowing people to appreciate and celebrate (2048 cupcakes unblocked, without link) Halloween in new and exciting ways.

It seems xeniaty wants to sneak-in some unwanted stuff, moderators.