Questions on SLC 150

Kruppenbach

Lifetime Supporting Member
How can I get a schematic for it? I am unable to communicate to it using PCIS with a 486 PC and suspect the SLC150 to be faulty (found in a junk pile). And secondly, I have an "RS232 TO RS422 ADAPTER FOR GE 90-30" and I believe this will work with the SLC150. I have tried everything to get PCIS to communicate and am unable. I have successfully done a loopback test with the GE converter using a serial communication program (Procomm Plus). Now I would like to have the AB converter and would be willing to trade the GE for the AB, the GE is new, an ICC690ACC901 by AMSAMOTION S/N 2 019010 840764. I don't want to put any more money into this, I am a retired EE, going blind, and just want to play. I feel foolish enough already.

Last edited:
the pcis software is a dos based software package.
AB makes (used to make) an interface module for the software and i do not believe what you have will work.
AB also makes a hand held programmer for the slc 100/150 and i am not sure if your local rep has one. maybe someone on the forum can help you. i still keep
mine handy, believe it or not, companies still have them running.
the pcis software will give you a printout if the program, but it will have to be a very old style printer. you may get it to work by saving to a pdf file.
if you use the handheld unit, you will have to draw the ladder logic out manually.
good luck,
james

Hello
I am continuing to look for a schematic for an Allen Bradley SLC 150. Is one available? The 150 cannot communicate with. I have tracked it down to the differential line receiver (uA9637AC) but the board is at least two layer and I could really use a schematic.
\

why not just go to B&B Electronics and but an RS232 to RS422 Converter
the cable wireing diagram is all you will need to make your own cable
i have been using those converted for many years

I think we're misunderstanding the OP. It seems that he is trying to repair an SLC150 at the component level and wants to find a schematic for the circuit boards of the PLC themselves - not a schematic for a connection cable.

I don't expect that they'll be publicly available, I would think that Rockwell would keep that kind of detail under tight security. But if anyone knows where to get one, they'll probably be here!

There is no value in repairing any of the SLC 100 /150 plc they can be replaced far cheaeper then you can repair one when you consider parts and labor cost's and you still have an obsolete plc that will faile again shortly
the value would be if you cn get the program out so you can write a new program for an upgradesd plc i would recomend going with a Micro 800 series they are lowcost and the software is free it would be a good place to start learning
I have a client that has 4 of them running right now I have been trying to talk him into upgrading but he wants to run them for a while yet. if any of those fail his plant will come to a stand still until a replacment is up and running it just dosen't sink in.

Thank You!

I think we're misunderstanding the OP. It seems that he is trying to repair an SLC150 at the component level and wants to find a schematic for the circuit boards of the PLC themselves - not a schematic for a connection cable.

I don't expect that they'll be publicly available, I would think that Rockwell would keep that kind of detail under tight security. But if anyone knows where to get one, they'll probably be here!
That's exactly it! - Repairing a 150 at the component level.

why not just go to B&B Electronics and but an RS232 to RS422 Converter
the cable wireing diagram is all you will need to make your own cable
i have been using those converted for many years
My problem lies within the 150. which is why I need schematics.

There is no value in repairing any of the SLC 100 /150 plc they can be replaced far cheaeper then you can repair one when you consider parts and labor cost's and you still have an obsolete plc that will faile again shortly
the value would be if you cn get the program out so you can write a new program for an upgradesd plc i would recomend going with a Micro 800 series they are lowcost and the software is free it would be a good place to start learning
I have a client that has 4 of them running right now I have been trying to talk him into upgrading but he wants to run them for a while yet. if any of those fail his plant will come to a stand still until a replacment is up and running it just dosen't sink in.
I am a retired EE, who did PLCs for 30+ years. This is only my hobby now. So, labor is free & parts come from my 'allowance'. It's all for fun now and as a visual aid to my old moldy stories!