Servo scaling is way off.

HoldenC

I have a Powerflex 755 drive that controls a MPL series servo motor. Last week the drive was faulting giving over temperature alarms, so we swapped the drive over the weekend.

When we went to run the new one, it runs really slow, and the scaling is off. If it runs 1in it says it moved around 10 inches. I’ve swapped these drives out before with no issue.

The new drive was a version 13.3, and the old was a 14.2. I went back to the old drive and corrected the revision, but I’m still getting the scaling issue. Everything is correct in my motion group.

We replaced the motor as well, and that didn’t help.

Anyone have any ideas ?

I ran into a problem a few weeks ago where when I changed the revision of a servo drive in the I/O tree, for some silly reason, it reset the "Load Type" configuration on the axis Scaling tab, which goofed up my scaling. It took me a minute to realize what had happened.

I realize we're talking different hardware here, maybe something similar took place. This appears to be an "undocumented feature" of v33.

I cant thank you enough for your post.

We run v33, and this was the exact issue. The load type changed from Rotary Transmission to Direct Coupled Rotary.

We run v33, and this was the exact issue. The load type changed from Rotary Transmission to Direct Coupled Rotary.

Yep, exactly what I experienced. The other thing that changed was the property "Mechanical Brake Engage delay", which might not matter in your case, it did in mine.