Diffuse sensor Nominal vs maximum sensing distance

Mohamed El

Hello everyone,

What's the difference between nominal sensing distance and maximum sensing distance in a diffuse photoelectric sensor ?

in my application i need 0.4m as the max distance to detect an object, but in the sensor datasheet there are two values nominal=0.4m and maximum=0.6m

Thanks in advance for your replys

Sensor.jpg

Nominal has a guarantee 100% will work.
Maximum is the farthest that it has worked but is not repeatable and doesn't work all of the time.

Use nominal for all of your designs and selection requirements.

Similar Topics

I am presently in Russia, and need to quickly aquire diffuse laser photo eyes from Germany. We used Sick laser eyes in this application at our...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am having trouble with a new system that uses a retroreflecive photoeye to detect panes of glass. It is used in conjunction with a...
Replies
Views
We're thinking about switching from a SICK laser to the much cheaper, teachable banner QS30 with 32" range. Does anyone have any experience or...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am working with micro850, a proximity sensor (FOTEK, PL-05P) and a 3DOF serial arm robot. I use MC_MoveRelative to control the...
Replies
Views
Maybe a stretch to call this a PLC question, but it does connect to a PLC input. I have two German switches: Sick WL9LG-3P2232 And a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom