AB Compact Logic 1769 L32E "YEAR" changes byself

AB2005

Hello;

We have an Allen Bradley compact logic processor at an auto glue kitchen of corrugator machine which connected with AB HMI. Normally to synch the date and time of PLC with HMI, there is a button provided at HMI. When we click on this button, PLC date and time synchs with HMI. But we have been facing a problem that some time PLC's date and time changes byself with strange figures. We replaced the PLC battery but hence this has been happening.

Now a days, after one day or two, only YEAR changes byself from 2022 to 2122.

Please help to resolve this issue.

:facepalm:

I'm glad that I am not crazy; a similar problem appeared for me a few years ago and we just stumbled into "reload the program" to reset the clock.

v20.019 firmware fixed it in all controllers that ran <=v20 firmware.

Other corruptions of the clock are usually due to sloppy SSV logic or Global Connections, but the century jump is an honest to goodness rollover firmware error.

:facepalm:

I'm glad that I am not crazy; a similar problem appeared for me a few years ago and we just stumbled into "reload the program" to reset the clock.

v20.019 firmware fixed it in all controllers that ran <=v20 firmware.

Other corruptions of the clock are usually due to sloppy SSV logic or Global Connections, but the century jump is an honest to goodness rollover firmware error.

The firmware of PLC is 20.12. What do you recommends further?

The firmware of PLC is 20.12. What do you recommends further?
Your choices are
  1. Fix the problem by updating the firmware to at least 20.019,
  2. Kick the problem down the road two years by wiping the controller memory and reloading (see cited technote),
  3. Live with an incorrect date.
Which one you go with is up to you.