ControlLogix IndraDrive EthernetIP question

JoeM3

A curious thing:
If a Indradrive servo drive has firmware 20.xx in it, it can communicate with the ControlLogix using a generic (implicit) Ethernet IP driver.
If it has firmware 21.xx in it, the generic driver errors out and the Indradrive returns error 4005 in IndraWorks DS.
Once you downgrade the firmware, no problem you are back running...but I need to use firmware 21 for other reasons so the solution is not that simple....

Its been a head scratcher for both me and AB and Bosch....

Anybody ever see this before?

maybe this is a compatibility issue with the specific ControlLogix firmware you are using?

have you tried upping the revision of the CPU firmware and conducting the same test?

collins
Yes, I have tried two different versions of firmware 17.x and 20.x in the AB plc.

If you create a new test project on your PLC, can you add a Generic Ethernet module and establish implicit I/O communication with the IndraDrive when it's on firmware 21.xx?

If I recall correctly, there is/was an issue in some firmware versions of ControlLogix when using the Generic Ethernet module where it would try to use electronic keying (even though it shouldn't and may show it as disabled). I believe the workaround is to remove the Generic Ethernet module and re-add it.