Studio 5000 Tag Descriptions

mjp123gp

We have a new machine with L81e v30 that was programed with tags and descriptions in another language. After commissioning, the descriptions were converted to English for us. When I try to get online now, Studio says there's a difference and forces an upload which causes all my English descriptions to get overwritten with the original language descriptions. I've done the program compare and it doesn't show any task differences, only controller language.

I wasn't able to find any tech note from Rockwell. Has anyone else ran into similar issues?

I have not run into this issue.

I would recommend (as a work around) that you export the tags from the program that was translated, then upload from the controller (save it locally). Then import the tags from the translated program. This is not ideal for a variety for reasons and it requires you to take the machine down for a minute or 20. (Also, you will want to overwrite existing tags -- its an option in the import window.)

Last edited: