RE: FactoryTalk View Tag Browser Datatype - UNRECOGNIZED

rtgibson

RE: FactoryTalk View Tag Browser Datatype - UNRECOGNIZED

Hi All

I have a new install of FactoryTalk View SE 12 with the May 2022 patch rollup installed.

I have a little test app that can't see all of the 'program' tags in the PLC (an L30ER) - I've done loads of these so I know to click 'Refresh All Folders' etc.....but when I create a test HMI tag and browse through the online connection I can only see some of the tags and ALL tags say UNRECOGNIZED for the data type.

What have I done/not done ???

Thanks
Russ

The plot thickens....

Well I decided I'd try V13 instead of V12 just to see if something amazing happened...it didn't.

But in V13 it is showing the datatype of the tags when I browse through them it just doesn't show all of the tags. I've done what it says in the tech note regarding some recent DCOM issues but that hasn't solved it.

I can never get v13 to browse tags created previously or test screen properly, I have to either copy the tag name from the PLC and paste into FT or use the offline file.

Can't fathom if its FTv13 or studio 5k v34 that causes the issue.

Some success....kind of.

Well....it turns out that all of the tags that wouldn't show up in the tag browser are 'Alias' tags. Don't know why there's an issue it's worked in all the other FactoryTalk SCADA's I've done - last one was V12 (only a month or so ago).

So I've had to do something quick and dirty to get by....created a bunch more standard BOOL tags and branched round the alias bit - at least I can see those new ones in the SCADA now.

Anyway - thanks for your input guys.