Studio 5000 - Power Monitor AOI Import Fails

rtgibson

Can anybody help out with this...somebody has sent me the ZIP for the PowerMonitor_AOI_FP_1.1 and asked me to import it into a PLC program I'm doing (it's for a Control Logix) to get data from a 1408 power monitor.

When I do a rung import I get the following error in Studio 5000 (V32) and it fails to import: -

Preprocessing C:\EDS Files\PowerMonitorAOI_FP_1.1\PM_AOI_FP_1k_5k\PM1K_RungImport.L5X...
Reading data type: 'pm1k_all_data'
Reading data type: 'pm1k_livedata'
Reading data type: 'pm1k_minmaxdata'
Reading data type: 'PM_minmaxlog'
Reading add-on instruction: 'PM1Kdata'
Reading tag: 'PowMon01_AOI'
Reading tag: 'PowMon01_Data'
Reading tag: 'Powmon01_rdata'
Error: Line 2280: Error creating 'Tag[@Name="Powmon01_Rmsg"]' (Tag can only be created at the controller scope.).
RSLogix5000Content/Controller/Programs/Program[@Name="MainProgram"]/Tags/Tag[@Name="Powmon01_Rmsg"]
Import failed - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) - No changes were made to the project

Nope - not for me, doesn't look like I get an option. I've just realised it's a custom written AOI so I wonder if that has anything to do with it (just trying to get in touch with the guys that wrote it).

ImportCapture.JPG

That's not the dialogue box being referred to, after you hit 'open' there it will open the 'Import Configuration' dialogue.

You can see the scope of a tag being imported if you dig around there, but I don't see any way to change it.

The message the AOI is referencing is scoped to the program that the AOI is scoped, so this was was written with a 5x80 controller. You're importing into a 5370 controller project.

What you can do is perform the import in a 5380 project, relocated the message to the controller scope, export the AOI rung, and then import to your 5370 project.

It is item #518253 on the list of arbitrary BS distinctions/limitations imposed between these controller families. That and unsigned/signed data types at #1 drive me up a wall trying to maintain code compatibility.

Last edited: