Mitsub: GX Developer/GT Designer3 - multi-pages?

Mas01

Context: Mitsubishi GX Developer/GT Designer 3.

At the moment on our PLC's HMI (GT Designer 3), pressing any of the SCREEN buttons will navigate to that SCREEN and display its content on the monitor.

Question: Is it possible to configure the buttons on GT Designer3, so that the requested SCREEN appears in a separate "pop-up window", which can be dragged across for displaying on an adjacent monitor?

The operator has requested this for ease of seeing both pages at the same time, instead of toggling the SCREEN buttons. Thanks

Attached image is for illustration only:

PLC screen.PNG

Last edited:
Yes you can create a window screen not a base screen I suggest you leave the original screen, create a new window screen copy all the relevant buttons, display etc. to it then use a key to call it, make it smaller than the base window then you can move it about.

Yes you can create a window screen not a base screen I suggest you leave the original screen, create a new window screen copy all the relevant buttons, display etc. to it then use a key to call it, make it smaller than the base window then you can move it about.

Brilliant, I will give it a try. Thanks

Not implemented it yet, but just thinking ahead...my worry is that if the operator keeps pressing "Screen 1" (say), will GT Designer 3 create a new instance of the Screen 1 window for each key press? Hopefully it is restricted to one instance only.

It is only one instance, once loaded it will not add another window
UPDATE: ALL WORKING... I changed the screen type from "BASE" to "WINDOW" and the "pop-up" appears as expected. I resized it too, to make it easier to see.

I was expecting to be able to click & hold the bar of the new window , then drag it with the mouse, but it didn't work that way...I had to click on the bar until it turned yellow, then move the cursor over to where I wanted the new window to go to, then click again, and then the window jumped to where I wanted it.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Hmm, thought this was working, but not quite...

The problem I have is that the pop-out window can be moved around, but it will only move within the boundary of the window from which it was 'spawned'. The pop-up can't be dragged over to the second monitor.

The second monitor has been set up as an extension of the first monitor, and it does work as an extension because I can drag other items (and the cursor) over to the screen.

Any ideas on this? Thanks