Cimplicity ME Compare tool

unsaint33

I want to compare two GE 90-30 projects. But it looks like my ME program does not have a compare tool. I found GECompareEngine.ocx file in my laptop. I have no idea how to use an ocx file. Can you tell me how I can use it to perhaps install the project compare function to my ME program?

ocx1.JPG ocx3.JPG

Last edited:
GE Compare was a separately licensed piece of software. I think it has been discontinued.

You may have to use the brute force method to compare the two programs. Open two instances of PME and go through rung by rung.

One thing you can try without resorting to the GECompare tool (which I've never used either). Save each project under the same name in different locations on your computer. Open one of them and download it to the PLC. Then open the other one and go online with the PLC. You can then run a report that flags the differences between the open project and what's in the PLC.