AS interface master scanner module faults clx

kf5pv

Hey guys, any ideas? fault code is 40. pdf file says "The AS-i master is in offline phase." It also says " if the AS-i LED is off that the AS-i is not suffeciently powered. I dont have any power problems...I looked at the status bits in the data tables and there are two other faults. one is a configuration fault and the other is a periphery fault. this is a bihl wiedamnn card. This has happened once before and it went away and I never knew what happened. also when I press and hold the mode button for 5 seconds it doesnt go into configuration mode as I think it should. this is a two channel unit and channel two is fine but one is not. I have unplugged the network cables cycled power on the power supply and a few other tricks but no luck. going to stop the process in about 1 hour and cycle power on the rack. (which has been done earlier with no luck)
any help would be fantastic.

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
Abraham Lincoln

Hey guys, any ideas? fault code is 40. pdf file says "The AS-i master is in offline phase." It also says " if the AS-i LED is off that the AS-i is not suffeciently powered. I dont have any power problems...I looked at the status bits in the data tables and there are two other faults. one is a configuration fault and the other is a periphery fault. this is a bihl wiedamnn card. This has happened once before and it went away and I never knew what happened. also when I press and hold the mode button for 5 seconds it doesnt go into configuration mode as I think it should. this is a two channel unit and channel two is fine but one is not. I have unplugged the network cables cycled power on the power supply and a few other tricks but no luck. going to stop the process in about 1 hour and cycle power on the rack. (which has been done earlier with no luck)
any help would be fantastic.

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
Abraham Lincoln

What is the exact Model Number of the Scanner? I presume it is in a Control Logix Chassis, but you should confirm this. What Processor, and other cards have you got in the Chassis? Is the Status Light for Channel 1 out?

If there is a problem with one of the peripherals, the offending address should be flashed up on the Scanner Display. This may be bringing the network down. I have had one that would just stop scanning, and replacing the Scanner resolved the problem.

Stu......

None of the slaves are showing to be faulted. it is in a controllogix chassis. the AS-i status light is not on for channel 1. the processor is a 5561. the cards in the rack are as follows. eithernet card, DH+ DH+ prosoft AS-i AS-i. Thanks

None of the slaves are showing to be faulted. it is in a controllogix chassis. the AS-i status light is not on for channel 1. the processor is a 5561. the cards in the rack are as follows. eithernet card, DH+ DH+ prosoft AS-i AS-i. Thanks

I presume the card is a Bihl Wiedemann Card, as stated in your earlier post, that you purchased through Prosoft. The best advice I can give you is to try another Scanner Card and see if it resolves your problem.

Stu......

yes it is a bihl card. I have another card coming but it is an IFM card I think. wont be here until later but Im not sure thats the problem.

received new card but comes up with config error on all nodes both channels. old card is rev 1.1 new card is rev 1.4. I know the data table sizes are different but I am wondering if this will work or not and what I might have to do to make it work.