Allowed attachment sizes for this forum

rpoet

It's 2020; allowed files need to get larger on this forum. The 300kb limit for photo size is getting ridiculous.

It's remarkably hard to get a modern device to save a photo that low-res, and once you do manage to get the photo resized to fit within the limit, it looks like it was taken with a potato.

-rpoet

It makes sense to me that the two limiting costs are storage and bandwidth.

If I were running this (free and amazing) website I'd try to figure out how to make non-photo attachments autodelete after a month or two, and photos after a year.

In general if I run into a photo issue, I'll upload to another service and link.

But then, I've got a low-res potato and not an iSpud.

It makes sense to me that the two limiting costs are storage and bandwidth.

If I were running this (free and amazing) website I'd try to figure out how to make non-photo attachments autodelete after a month or two, and photos after a year.

So that is why attach/photos aren't available in lots of threads at Mr.PLC, l did wonder.