Mitsubishi ST-Lite Ethernet

Jonnie_R

Good afternoon from Belgium.

I am trying to configure some Mitsubishi STL-ETH1 head units, but even if I set the dip switches for the last address octet and connect directly with my laptop I cannot ping the device or access the web interface to configure the IP address through web management. The Mitsi documentation says the base address is 192.168.1.x, with dip switches deciding the final octet, but that must be wrong, or I am missing something.

Has anyone had any experience with these modules, which are rebranded Wago units?

Odd, the quick start guide I have says 192.168.1.x, I'll go and try it now, though I did do an IP scan for ranges 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.20.254 nd got no hits other than my laptop.

Thanks for the reply.

Screenshot_20200530_145720.png

I'm wondering.... maybe we have looked at different manuals, this is what I saw:
However, I have noticed that it says the delault address is 0.0.0.0 ?

Untitled.png

Is the MAC address known? Try a packet sniffer (tpcdump, wireshark, etc.) to see what shows up when the unit is powered on. If it is set up for DHCP, then the sniffer should see the DHCP request.

If it is DHCP, is it possible the router, which is usually the DHCP server, has a web page that will show which MAC addresses get which IP addresses? Although if there is nothing at .1 through .254 other than the laptop, and it is not .0, then it is not likely it is getting anything from a router, if a router is present.

The MAC address will be on the back of the module, often there are two of them, one stuck on & another that is tear off to locate on the front for easy identification. The MAC address will be unique (or should be).

The version of the quick start guide I had was version A, but there is a version C which has 192.168.3.x as the IP range.

Could have sworn I downloaded version A from Mitsi, any way it's solved so thank for your help