Tracking Water amount during batching

wanher3

Hi,

Just need help with implementing a logic that will help me keep track of the amount of water an operator requests during his batching operation.

Currently, during a batch operation, operator adds water. when water reaches amount called by operator the valve shuts. Flowmeter tells me how much water was added in the tank and i display this value on HMI.

What i am trying to do now is to keep track and display about 5 values of how much water was added in tank so an operator can see it and not overflow the tank by calling for more water than the tank can handle during a batch.

So, they start a batch, add X liter water, operator can see: X
Later on, after adding ingredients, they add Y liter, operator can see both X and Y.
If they need to add Z liter again, operator will see : X , Y, Z display.

So that knowing its a 10000 liter tank, they should not call for water so that X+Y+Z is greater that 10000 liter.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, at the end of the water add step you could save the amount of water added and display the total additions of water as you move through the batch.
Or, if I read your question a bit differently, you could add the amounts of water added to the batch, subtract that from 10000 and display the result as a maximum water allowed to be requested.

I agree with others that the best way to go forward would be to automate the water add completely and remove the operators from the equation.

Bubba.