Edit a .L5X and reimport it?

Bob O

Is it possible to edit an .L5X file and then import the modified file?
I’ve used notepad, notepad++ and XML Notepad to modify and various saves and save as combinations but all have fail. I'm attempting to change a tag name. Is it possible and if so what the he** am I doing wrong?
Error: Unable to Parse the L5X content
Thanks,
Bob O.

I think I got it. I selected Match Case and Use regular expression in XML Notepad for the replace and then just save.

Is it possible to edit an .L5X file and then import the modified file?
I’ve used notepad, notepad++ and XML Notepad to modify and various saves and save as combinations but all have fail. I'm attempting to change a tag name. Is it possible and if so what the he** am I doing wrong?
Error: Unable to Parse the L5X content
Thanks,
Bob O.

I used to export/import regularly.

I extracted data from the file, loaded new data into arrays. A bit different from what you are doing.

Don't change the number of lines in a section.

Don't let your editor change spaces to tabs. Leave everything as it was originally except what you want to change.

.L5K has had a bunch of stuff added as they released new controllers ... I'm a few years out of date.