Override Key on AB PLC's

No. The controller will remain in "Remote Run" mode.

Didn't you once tell the story of where you did exactly that, and shut down a refinery? Something along the lines of the key switch position being monitored in the code and programmed as a critical interlock as "must be in RUN mode".

Of course, I wouldn't imagine that those situations are especially common, so your response is probably accurate enough. But I would have thought that that sort of thing would only ever need to happen to you once to burn it into your consciousness as a warning :D

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have a PIDE block (Logix5000) where I am introducing interlocks. I am using the ProgOverrideReq to set the CV to 0% (shut a control...
Replies
Views
I am practicing PLC programming with Rslogix500 and SLC500. I got a typical seal-in branch circuit (see the picture). I am trying to add a HMI...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an application where I need to implement an override of a temperature trip. Essentially, this is a distillation column, but when...
Replies
Views
I have some code that is going to trigger calculations to happen either when "A" happens, or every 1 second. For the 1second trigger, I am...
Replies
Views
Dear all I am working on a little project where i want to use the Function Override control with PID_TEMP(See attached). You can compare the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom