Siemens Safety PLC I/O wiring

samvivi7

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey All,

I have a stupid question and need some help wiring the safety I/O (6ES7526-1Bh00-AB0). Attached-2 is what i think how E-stops and safety doors should be wired. Also for the safety doors can i wire only the safety outputs (1)??

(attachment -1 is for reference)

Thanks for all the help,

Sam

6ES752.jpg IMG_0217.jpg

One thing to watch out for!

I'm not sure if it applies to all safety modules or just the ET200 safety modules, but I got bitten once and will never forget it.

Each input has a pair, and it's not the next sequential input. So if you have an e/stop and wire the first input into CH0, the other channel MUST go into it's respective input, which will NOT be CH1. On the 8-ch modules I was using, you had to wire them this way:

Input 0 and Input 4
Input 1 and Input 5
Input 2 and Input 6
Input 3 and Input 7

This doesn't help you with your immediate question, but it might save you having to re-wire half a panel like I did