Micrologix 1400 Help.

JeremyF

Hello again everyone. I'm converting a current monitor program from a ML 1000 to a ML 1400 processor. This is the same one where I was struggling with the indirect addressing about a week ago. Thanks for all the help, the addressing is working now!

About this program. I'm monitoring the grinding wheel current of an engine valve seat grinder. I can set a hi-low limit, and if the grinding wheel current goes above or below my setpoints, it opens a reject gate for the valve to go to so the machine operator can inspect the valve. To help them set their high, and low values I'm sending the grinding current of the last 16 valves to an HMi display. I'm also trying to show them the highest current, lowest current, and the average current from those 16 valves. Here is where I'm struggling. The high and low current steady stay 6244 and 0. I don't even know where these values are coming from. I'm going to try to attach a few screenshots of the part of the program that works on the High and Low. Anyone see something I'm missing?

Thanks again for the help!

Jeremy

ML14001.png ML14002.png ML14003.png

In your first screenshot Rung 1 you reset the counter C5:3 then you move C5:3.ACC to N7:70; it will be always 0.
The reset instruction have to be after the Move instruction, so you don't miss the C5:3.ACC current value