Which order should I use? MASD, MAFR and MASR

biffin1123

Let's say I have a physical axis fault, such as the axis went out of its hardware limit.

Which order should I reset it?

My current setup is:
-the MASD is activated when the error occurs [used ONS].
-pressing a Fault Reset button activates the MAFR and MASR.

But I do not feel right with this setup.

Does anyone know the proper order to reset a fault in axis?

Thanks in advance.

I generally don't use as masd. I use a msf to turn them off.
The system faults. The faulted axis shuts down automatically.
If the guards are opened all drives shutdown
When power is restored
Do a mafr and masr for all axes
Then do mso for any drive not up.
Respect the status flags before progressing through the steps.

Also I nuke all the motion control tag .flags with a res at the start of the sequence to make sure they are nice and clean before using them.

I would say it depends on the application you have.
I have done few simple motion projects and never used MASD.
When drive goes into fault it will stop and not move unless reset.
Not sure if it will shut itself automatically on fault, on some faults for sure but probably not on all, cause in some scenarios you may want to maintain the torque despite the fault.
To reset I used MASR and MAFR triggered in parallel by a button.