Electrically operated valves ?

milmat1

I have an application where a standard solenoid valve is not working. Mainly due to fragments of dirt getting into them and holding them open. I need something that is positive opening / closing.

I am looking at motorized ball valves from Dealat, but they require as long as 16 seconds to open / close. No good...

Is there another choice for a positive acting valve that can work a bit quicker. Say 5 seconds max ?

3/4" valve flowing water to cool a cutting blade...

If there is supply of compressed air I recommend a pneumatic operated butterfly valve, works very well with dirty liquids, but maybe the minimum size is larger than 3/4 ".

Something like this
_1123%20dn100%20+ada_001.jpg

May I suggest creating a sediment tank to allow trash to settle,
then have a secondary filtration system.

no valve likes dirt.
I have used numatics for years. they are spool type valves and can cut small items as they shift.

regards,
james

I use pneumatic actuated ball valves all the way down to 1/2", no issues at all, and they are well under 1 second to shift. Not cheap though, so if cost is an issue, it would be more inexpensive to put a dual filter/strainer in front of your solenoid valves, and just clean the strainer/change the element as necessary.

But if the particles are metallic I think that sooner or later all valve types will fail.
As others have said before the only reliable thing would be to install a decantation tank and filtering system.

All good answers, Thank you..

My suggestion that we simply need clean water didnt go over well. So I'm still digging. The one thing I pointed out is the fact that we are using a very cheap sol valve to begin with.

The cheapest and most reliable solution seems to be a proper filter for the incoming water..

IF you are going to filter I'd start with a strainer with a magnetic plug of the sort provided in hydraulic systems, then a coarse filter downstream.