RSLogix 5000 prompts for FactoryTalk login

dmned64

Recently I shared an RSLogix 5000 (v30) project file with a colleague. When he attempts to open the file on his computer a FactoryTalk login window appears. In the project file I do not have security enabled on the controller so I do not know why he is receiving this login prompt.

I have read several Tech Connect article and threads in this forum but none seem to specifically address this issue. As an OEM I cannot anticipate all the client names and their computer names to configure FactoryTalk security policies to allow them to open and view RSLogix files.

Is there a simple method for allowing project files to be shared between users?

Well the easiest way to share would be to create runtime application (If machine edition)

send the .mer to your friend

they use application manager (integrated within FT Studio under tools) and restore runtime application

They will have a usable copy.

If you did this and you have your current problem just let me know.

For those still dealing with this issue, i found a miracle solution from a user in a different forum.

You can run run C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\silentFTDCW to reset it

Hope this helps!

For those still dealing with this issue, i found a miracle solution from a user in a different forum.

You can run run C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\silentFTDCW to reset it

Hope this helps!

Worked great. thanks Rallen

It works perfect to me too!!!

I changed the computers name and the problem starts. After run the "SilentFTDCW", fix all the problems!!!

Thank you!!!