Migration to PV+6 1250 With 2711P-RN6 DH+ Network

ctsoft

Good day to all.

Existing plant have 7 x PLC5 system on DH+ network and 7 x PV900RIO talke

to respective PLC. There are 5~6 screens per PV900RIO.

I'm planning phase out all the PV900RIO and migrate all the screens into

one PV+6 1250 with 2711P-RN6 (DH+).

like to know that is 2711P-RN6 capable communicate with these 7 x PLC5?

Hope someone can share the knowledge and things to beware when doing

this migration.

Thank you.

In my personal opinion, you might have to spend a lot more time and a little more money to set up a gateway (Controllogix rack with DH+ and EN2T) and use Ethernet for all new HMI communications. The gateway rack can handle the bridge between DH+ and ethernet for multiple nodes on the DH+ network. That would allow you to move forward with non-obsolete HMIs using ethernet communications and gradually phase out segments of the DH+ network.

The main reason I would recommend this is that I believe the 2711P-RN6 is obsolete, and I am not a fan of new installations including obsolete parts when it can be avoided.